Monday, July 16, 2012

The Weekend In Pictures

I thought you might be curious about what I was up to this weekend. Instead of blabbing on and on about what I did, I thought it might be nice to show you with pictures. Because I always have my phone with me, and Instagram makes everyone into an artsy photographer, I thought I'd do the photo sharing via Instagram.

Friday night, Joe and I went to 5Church, a new restaurant in Charlotte.

The food was delicious, and the decor was amazing! They had Chesterfield couches in the entryway, and ghost chairs at all the tables. I love the color combo: black, gray, and white, with pops of fuschia.




The ceilings were really cool. They were black with white writing. I think the words were quotes and passages from books, but the writing changed directions so much, it was hard to follow. I bet someone's neck was very sore after painting that!

 

I went to an auction on Saturday. Auctions are a great place to find inexpensive furniture. I've gotten some of the best pieces I own from auctions, and a lot of times, I pay even less for the items than I would at a thrift store. I'll share what I got at the auction later in the week.

 

Part of the beer selection at The Common Market in South End, a really cool little neighborhood in Charlotte where we ate dinner Saturday night.


A view from the patio at the US National Whitewater Center, which is about 15 minutes from our house. We spend a lot of time there when it's nice outside.

 

Henry all ready to go for a hike on Sunday at the Whitewater Center. 

 

I tried to take a picture of Hunter too, but he wasn't feeling very photogenic.

That about sums my weekend up. Monday came too quickly... as usual. 
What about you? Did you do anything fun this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment